So here goes:
Captain with power fist (125 pts). I wanted to spring for a chapter master for the fun of a S10 AP1 pie plate but that necessitates a turn standing still and he's just all around better for punching holes in things.
- Multimelta dreadnought (105 pts). A solid stompy choice.
- TL autocannon dreadnough (115 pts). This one is modelled with a TL lascannon because OSH did not have the weapon arm that comes with it, so he gave me a metal weapon arm. I figured it can count as an autocannon without looking too wrong. The lascannon just seems a little pricey points-wise and seeing OSH's deathrains in action gave me a good vibe for S7 AP4 TL guns.
- 5 Terminators with a cyclone missile launcher (230 pts). A solid firepower soaking unit. I must learn not to deepstrike too close to plasma guns though. I'm a sucker for CMLs since you get versatile shots and can still fire the storm bolter. 2 S4 shots plus 2 S4 blasts/2 S8 Ap3 shots stacks up well against 4 S6 AP4 rending in my book Also I was too cheap to buy the multi-part terminators ($50 for 5 models) so I made my CML out of sprue pieces and those little grenade pairs from tactical marines.
- 10 Tactical marines with Multimelta and flamer (170pts).
- 10 Tactical marines with Missile Launcher and Meltagun (175pts).
Both of these are there to provide solid troop choices who can move forwards or stay steady on objectives. Both have melta capability and will be combat-squadded if necessary.
- 10 Grey Knights with two incinerators (295pts). Now these are some lovely models and I'm really glad I bought them. The paint job came out really well also so that's good. They will be the heavy hitting assault unit that can ride in the Land Raider Redeemer and perhaps with the captain alongside to absorb some more shots.
- 5 Scouts with bolters (75pts). These guys get to sit in my Land Raider and make it scoring so it can stay on a home objective and still blaze away.
- Land Speeder with Heavy bolter and multimelta (70pts).Fast moving multimeltas are all good. Thanks for this one OSH.
- Land Raider (250pts).It's an AV14 bunker that will sit on an objective with scouts inside and shot up things at a distance. I think that it will do better than my devastators have managed recently and for fewer points. We'll see. Also I'm going to paint it up to be all lovely and Grey Knighty :-)
- Land Raider Redeemer (240 pts).It's a nasty, burney, assaulty, scary brick of a tank. I'll probably put the Grey Knights and my captain inside this one. they should make quite a dent on the charge.
Now if I've added it up correctly that should come to 1850 points. It should come out to be a little more mobile than my last list. I think the accumulated damage from walking across the field is too great to keep my marines intact for the most part. Claiming objectives in my last couple of games has been shakey as I've only had a few bodies left from my troops choices.
With the landraider on the home objective and sending my Grey Knights out to take another one, I should be in place to do well with objectives. The rest of the army will aim to kill the opposition as much as possible and push to contest their objectives.