Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The reason I've not been painting much. Plus NERDRAGE!!11!


Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been updating the painting pictures much recently. It was my birthday on Monday 3rd and I'm now 28 years young (as I like to say). I was working all day but we spent the weekend in the High Tatra mountains enjoying the scenery. As you can imagine, I didn't have much time to get the paintbrushes out and play. Since getting back I've put a bit of paint to plastic but not as much as I would have liked to. 
Here's me and some mountains ;-)


Here is the latest picture of my Deathwing squad. I'm glad that I don't have many
lightning claw models because painting the electric effect on those little blades is really
annoying compared to the hammers. Still, these guys are progressing nicely and I won't
need much time to finish them. That will leave me with 3 more squads in total to finish, which 
is a lot but at least I'm making progress :-)

UPDATE:

Since starting this post I've been busy but managed to progress more and
 finish off this squad. I think there are a few bits and pieces here that I'd still
like to touch up, but for now it's good to have them done. I love the lightning
effect but it's a bugger to apply to lots of models. I'm looking forward to painting
the shooting squads where I'll only have a single power weapon to electrify :-)




NERDRAGE

I had this recently. It's annoying because I was on such a high with the hobby and got a bit knocked down from that perch. 

I ordered the limited edition Dark Vengeance box from Maelstrom games as soon as I could after the preorders went up (the day after....too slow as I found out). Unlike every other webstore that was sold out, they were accepting more orders. Great, I thought. Only later, after I avoided checking other stores do I receive an email saying:

Hi,

We are contacting you regarding your recent order of the Warhammer 40,00 Dark Vengeance limited edition box set. Unfortunately we regret to inform you that Games Workshop have completely sold out of this limited edition set and we shall not be able to obtain stock of this item beyond our initial allocation.

We understand that this may come as a disappointment and inconvenience to our customers. And in light of this, we would like to offer you a choice of how we can process your order:

1. You may cancel your order for a full refund either to store credit (moneyback) or to your original payment method.

2. You have the option to switch your order to the standard version of Dark Vengeance. We will of course refund the price difference between the two sets to your store credit account. See below for an FAQ.

Now I'm not sure who to get more annoyed at but there was a bit of Nerdrage for GW, who seemed to be locking down the cheaper retailers, perhaps to drive sales to their stores with a great profit margin. I also got fairly annoyed at Maelstrom games for continuing to take orders despite knowing that there was a limited amount and this situation could come up.

As it is, my order of DV has been delayed for a few days/weeks until I can muster up the enthusiasm to buy it. Oh well, at least it'll give me time to clear the decks of painting.

I'm not sure I'll order from Maelstrom this time....we'll see.

All the best

Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment